Friday, October 5, 2007

freedom

Yesterday when I walked by hope ward I saw Musu, a 21 year old patient, sitting on her bed looking very sad. Musu is normally clothed in a widespread smile. Her new thing is to comment to me that

"Meggee, your butt is big, it's fine. Your will marry my brother. Your will not carry your butt to America, you will stay in Liberia for my brother."

I find her quite amusing. I sat on her bed and inquired at what was wrong.

She didn't answer but just tried her best to hold back tears. I asked her if she was sad because her friends had left. She tearfully nodded yes.

The entire "Hope ward girls club", except for Musu has been discharged this past week. Musu was alone and missing her friends. I know how she feels.

Many of my friends have left in the past two weeks and it is really sad to say goodbye. You build fast, strong relationships here and ending them is hard.

I was feeling a bit sad, a bit like a lost child.

I find comfort in this

Hebrews 6:18-19

That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast..

At the end of the day that which is immovable will never be moved and that which can be shaken will be shaken. The security is in knowing where to place your hope and where to seek refuge. God is always faithful. Regardless of what may or may not happen, friends I gain and friends I may lose, health I enjoy or sickness I may endure, I am certain that my foundation cannot be shaken and know the desires of my soul will always be satisfied.

Such freedom to be enjoyed.

No comments: