Sunday, December 16, 2007

home

I have been up for almost 24 hours. I spent 17 hours flying. I changed time three noticeable times. I waited for almost an hour to pick up my luggage.

But now I'm home. I'm writing a blog from my bed, after taking a fully legal seven minute shower, and it feels rather nice.

I had a very unexciting journey, which was fabulous. All went as planner; there were no missed planes, misplaced items, and the taxi driver remembered to pick me up at 5:30 to take me to the airport.

When the plane landed in Philadelphia it was a bit of a surreal moment. It feels a little surreal to be here but at the same time seems completely normal.

During my flight from Madrid to Philadelphia I sat next to the loveliest older, Spanish couple. I told them all about what I had been doing. I even gave the lady a copy of a PowerPoint presentation on our ward patients and my blog address.

I want to enjoy every minute of being home. There are some many people I love here.

No comments: