Thursday, December 6, 2007

winter wonderland









It doesn't really feel like Christmas to me. Sweating profusely and Christmas are not two things I generally associate. But the crew on the ship is trying to make it feel a bit more like the holidays.






Last night we had something called, "winter wonderland". I think the idea comes from holiday markets that are held in Germany. All around the common area of the ship, various crew members decorated booths and sold crafts and baked goods, all while Christmas music played in the background and popcorn was served to all.






I don't really remember who originally thought up the idea, but David Cox and I decided to have a photo booth. That tripod I lugged to Africa was finally put to good use.






Each crew member could choose between four backgrounds, could have their picture taken in a cut out, or have a photo of themselves as a Liberian man or woman, an UNMIL solider, a Mercy Ships nurse/doctor/patient, or the "festive" pose.






For two hours strait I took photos. I think we were a big hit. And more importantly, that everyone had fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hysterical! I love it!
I can't wait to see you!

Love,
Mom