Thursday, March 6, 2008

the proof is in the picture





This is sweet little Kumassah. She is three months old. Today she had a growth removed from the back of her head. I have taken care of her the past two evenings.
She is one of the happiest, smiliest, and laughiest (I'm pretty sure that's not actually a word) babies I have ever met. I've been successful at making her smile through the use of Eskimo kisses, high pitched speaking, and belly raspberry's. She even fell asleep while I was holding her; her head buried into my chest and tucked slightly under my chin.
These have been two great shifts. I told her mother if Kumassah goes missing in the middle of the night she might want to check my cabin :)
Today as I enjoyed Kumassah's company, an onlooking translator said,
"Oh Megee, she loves the children."
It's really so true; but honestly, how couldn't you?

1 comment:

tif said...

beautiful...i miss africa.