Tuesday, May 26, 2009

5 weeks.....

This past week was my first true southern experience. I spent the first half of the week at a writer's conference in Asheville, North Carolina, and the weekend in Nashville, Tennessee (I promise the rhyming was unintentional.)

It was a good week, filled with conversations, people watching, and the phrase's ''y'all'' and "fixin''. I love seeing how other people live, and found the laid-back vibe of Nashville quite charming.

It's hard to believe, but in only five weeks I will be returning to the Africa Mercy for 6 months. I'm not sure where the time goes. But it is going.

I should probably start thinking about what I need to pack.... :)

1 comment:

nursebecca said...

Ha ha that's awesome! I just had my first real southern experience last month! It really is a whole other world out there! I'm so excited for you to go back to Africa! I'll be praying for you girl! :)