Sunday, July 5, 2009

strangely normal

After 30 hours of traveling I safely arrived on board the Africa mercy on Friday night.


I don't know how I expected things to be, I they have been strangely normal. Nothing feels different or out of place- I just live on a hospital ship again (that's normal, right?).

However, I am enjoy my spacious (a very relative term) four berth cabin. I have to cupboards all to myself and even a sitting area. I suppose I'm moving up in the world :)

I've spent the weekend catching up with old friends, and was even able to celebrate the fourth of July at the US embassy in Benin. It's been lovely to see so many familiar faces.

Tomorrow, I start my job in communications. I admit to being a little nervous, but I think I'm really going to enjoy working there and I always love a challenge. And I don't have to work any more night shifts :)

No comments: