Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A weekend in Togo

Team waterfall. My favorite photo of the weekend. This waterfall was unrealistically beautiful.
My first zimmijohn ride. Notice how tight I am clutching the driver :)
I was on this zimmijohn...riding through the mountains was AMAZING!!
The water on our shirts is all sweat. All things considered, I think we look pretty cute :)
I was so happy they brought their instruments.

me pretending to fall off the mountain.

Ali and I...fellow northeastern PICU nurses.
Bowie borrowed a man's Fanmilk bike. And it was amazing.
Isn't she cute?
We stumbled upon some boys playing soccer on our hike to the waterfall and Kristian and Richard joined in.

Bowie.
Friends.

Me actually falling (and quite hard I might add).

One of the beautiful villages.
I loved these flowers.
The views were breathtaking.

The start of the mountain hike.

I spent the past weekend climbing mountains and swimming in waterfalls, in the beautiful country of Togo. It's after midnight and I need to go to bed, so I won't go into details right now. The short version: Fellowship and friendship are precious gifts, simple things are the most beautiful, the wind always feels nice in your hair, and being a Christian is a wonderful adventure.

I leave you with a few of my favorite photos....
you can view the rest here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg, The pictures are awesome.What a great looking bunch of friends, looks like you were having a good time. I wish I had your opportunities when I was your age.
Miss you and love you,
Nana