Saturday, October 17, 2009

smile

l

This week I was down in the ward searching for patients stories when I happened upon a flock of beautiful, sweet kids. This little guy might have been my favorite. He is three and recently had an encephlocele removed. The first time I met him, he looked up from his bed and held out his arms, telling me without words to hold him. I very willingly picked him up and he put his head on my shoulder and snuggled.

The next day I was visiting and after a few minutes of kicking a balloon back and forth, he gave me a kiss on the cheek. Apparently, I'm not the only woman he has been kissing, he has won the hearts of several other nurses with the same tactic. My friend Ali and I were discussing how his strategy is somthing you can really only get away with when your three.

Kids really are the best.

1 comment:

Sher Sutherland said...

Great pictures! And I just read Ali's description of this little guy's ploy to woo her. I hope there are still some of these Romeo's left on the ship when I arrive... I'm a sucker--they will melt my heart.

Bless you for all that you do (and all that you share with us).