Wednesday, January 9, 2008

off again..

After spending only 36 hours aboard the Africa Mercy I am leaving again. I will be taking a trip to Morocco for a few days with some Mercy Ships friends. It should be a lot of fun.

After sleeping for 14.5 hours I finally feel human. It was really sad to leave home- even sadder than the first time (which I wasn't really expecting) but I have some really great friends on the ship which have made it a bit easier to come back and appeased my missing of Bucks County.

I am excited about starting the next outreach and being a nurse again. The woman on the plane who needed some help made me remember how much I love to take care of and nurture people. And I am really missing working with children. I'm starting to harass any child I see with silly faces in hopes of making them laugh and producing a smile. An obvious sign that I have been away from children for too long.

I won't have Internet over the next few days so my blog will be entirely stagnant. But I'm sure I will make up for it by overloading my computer with information when I return.

Again, it was so lovely to see you all in Philadelphia. Thanks for your prayers and support.

No comments: