Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Dr. Winston


Winston is 15 years old. He's is a sweetheart. He's got the most sincere smile.

Winston has given himself the title "Dr. Winston", saying he is a plastic surgeon, like Dr. Tertius (our plastic surgeon).

Tonight I was sitting in the ward talking to Winston and Milton "the reverend" (you should have heard his closing shift mini sermon and prayer tonight it was quite profound). Milton explained to me that some people grow up in Christian families and others don't hear about Christ until later in life. He asked me how I became a Christian.

After I told my testimony Winston asked me when I was baptised and then added,

"I was baptised last August."

"So you are a Christian?," I asked.

"Yes, I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour."

Winston told me his testimony. Last March his uncle, who is a pastor, told him about Jesus. He claimed Christ as his Saviour, was baptised in August, and now attends pray meetings, youth services, Bible studies, and even learned to sing in the choir. He is excited. He is joyful.

The evening nurse passed along to the night nurse that Winston and Milton have requested full Bible's. They only have New Testaments at the moment.

As we sat there the conversation somehow drifted towards heaven. The three of us decided we couldn't wait to go there.

"We will have a big reunion. When I get there, I will see you and say, 'oh, there are my African brothers', " I told them.

Winston said,

"I will see you and say, 'Oh Meggee, she was a good nurse. And she likes to eat chocolate and to drink coffee cold ( I was drinking a frappachino..thank you Africa Mercy Starbucks) and to play with the children."

John 17:20-21
Neither I pray for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word; that they all may be one; as Thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that Thou hast sent me."

No comments: