Sunday, June 1, 2008

re-creational recreation






I have been off all weekend. It's been great. My brain has had space to roam.

On Friday I purchased a 75 cent frappachino and sat down with the April issue of National Geographic. In the back was a photo of a woman from the 1920's (the middle photo). I love the fashion in the 1920's. It's quite distinct: fun, flirty, feminine, and a bit sassy. I thougt it would be fun to try and recreate this picture when I came home.

Tonight I went out to dinner with some friends. I had worn my patent leather red shoes that my mom sent me (I don't know that I should admit to that, but if you saw how amazing these shoes are you might understand). Perhaps I was feeling inspired by my shoes.
My bunk mate Jen is working nights so I knew I had the room to myself for as long as I wanted to stay awake. I planned on getting a few things done, but instead, I had a photo shoot. This is why I could never do homework in my room at home; I always found something better to do.

My roommate Jen walked into our tiny space in our 6 birth cabin to find my face incredibly painted, scarves magnetically hanging from the ceiling, and a strategically placed tripod. It was borderline ridiculous.

Fortunately for me, Jen just laughed. She is understanding of my distracted brain.

This past year extremely busy and extremely purposeful. There has not been a lot of time for roaring 20's photo shoots.

It's nice to do something just because you like doing it. I'm looking forward to some non-idle idle time when I come home.

It's fun.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

My only regret is that I didn't get to play. Most of my favourite things in life are "moments like this" :)

marzbarz said...

Megan, yet another reason we were destined to be friends: I definitely got totally dolled up and had a spontaneous photo shoot with my sister in our front yard yesterday. Non-idle idle time. I love it.

megan petock said...

another reason you are destined to re-visit Philadlephia..bubble tea, photo shoots, water ice...plenty plenty reasons!!