Wednesday, July 25, 2007

volleyball

Top ten things I never thought I would do in my life, #6 Be on a volleyball team with UN workers from Bangladesh. But that’s what I did last night. I’m really not even sure that I could find Bangladesh on a world map.

On Monday and Thursday nights at 5:30 volleyball is played at the UN field in our port. I have to admit that I often feel like our teams handicap (I need to learn how to set) but I am a big fan of organized games and being outside. So volleyball is quite fun.

There are a few UN workers usually come and watch the games but last night they played. And I was on there team. I didn’t really understand their English and I am not sure if they understood my heartfelt apologies for incorrect sets, but it was fun. And on my list of top ten things I never thought I would do. Ever. I could not have conceived such a moment in the far outskirts of my deepest imagination.

No comments: